Sunday, December 18, 2011

Decorating the tree

My favorite kind of tree if a Noble Fir. I like other trees too, but right now, this is my tree of choice. The girls loved to decorate the tree and this year, they were actually helpful. I like to decorate the tree, but I have to say I enjoyed having someone open all the boxes of the Keepsake ornaments then actually hand them up so I didn't have to end up doing, or fixing it later, all by myself.

The girls love that some of the ornaments are theirs. I like seeing all the ornaments that used to be mine. This year my mom gave me some of our old ornaments that used to be her sort of fancy ornaments. She had these cream glass doves that are hollow that you can stick over the lights of the tree and they clip onto the light string. Then the dove glows because it's got the light from the string inside of it. I watched Sophia clipping them onto the tree lights and I could remember myself being the same age doing the same thing. It was very strange to think that that was 25 years ago. But you could have put that image of me from my head next to the image of her, both of us putting the same dove on a different tree 25 years apart from each other. Watching her as she did it, it just felt very familiar in one of those heart warming feel good have a moment while time freezes sort of way.
I think that this year marks a world record for how long it took to get the star straight. I'm very picky, and Jeff is very patient.

1 comment:

blog said...

Office 2010 provides a range of protection upgrades, by simply and helps to make sure the honesty along with discretion in the files to help strengthen the particular invasion surface.Office 2010 safety measures design by offering any covered defense countermeasures to assist you immunity in depth tactic are going to be extensive to the desktop computer security device.Many of the safety measures options manufactured ? Office 2010?by means of Office 2010, instead Office 2010 Key of built ? Microsoft Office 2010?by the user. Microsoft Office 2010 Key