Monday, March 14, 2011


This morning, Rebekah was getting up on her hands and knees and rocking back and forth! I couldn't believe it. Jeff said that he saw her do it a couple of times this weekend, but I hadn't really seen it yet. I was excited and bummed at the same time because I have really enjoyed her and I don't want her to grow up. I started singing, "Oh darling don't you ever grow up", (Taylor Swift, Speak Now, track 8), to her.

Sophie was at the kitchen table eating some bacon, (more on that in a minute), and she said, "I want her to grow up."

"Oh, so that you can play with her?"

"Yeah, Jane doesn't really listen to me anymore, that's why I've been yelling at her lately."

I thought it was funny because obviously she thinks that Rebekah is going to be a better disciple than Jane is.

Oh to the bacon.

A few minutes earlier as Sophia was enjoying her bacon she said, "hmmm. Pigs are really good."

That statement was followed by some guilt on her part because then she started saying how she was sad that we had to kill the pigs though, because pigs are nice. I tried to have a Mother/Daughter moment and tell her that Heavenly Father put come animals on the earth for us to be able to eat, Circle of Life, yadda yadda, but she interrupted me before I could really have my moment. She had a great idea. She said that she thinks we should only kill and eat mean animals, like Cheetahs, or mean horses. (What?)

I think I will stick with my bacon and sausage.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Holy cow, that girl has some leg muscles