Monday, May 16, 2011




Sophia has lost her first tooth! I can't believe it. She is my first baby, she just got her teeth! And now they are falling out!? She'll loose another one in the next week or so, it's nice and loose too.

A few months ago, at her check-up with the dentist he wiggled her two bottom middle teeth and was surprised that were loose already. He said they would probably fall out sometime this summer and he was right.

Yesterday, she kept complaining that they were bugging her when she tried to bite into anything. But she was also really nervous about the whole teeth coming out thing. I told her my first tooth loss story, making it seem like no big deal, (which was true), but she was still nervous. I kept having her lie down in my lap so that I could look at it and wiggle it, but she didn't want me to pull it out.

Finally, right before bed, she was eating a snack, and it was bothering her so much that she had a, " just do it, pull it out before I change my mind" moment.

She got on the couch and put her head in my lap and I reached it and yanked it out! I was a little bit freaked out, but I really wanted to do it. It was definitely ready, I know I said that I yanked it out, but it wasn't really that hard. Later she asked me why I yelled when I pulled it out, and I don't remember, but I guess I yelled out, "I got it!"

She was not happy at first when it came out, she didn't like the way her mouth felt with the missing tooth. But one she calmed down and remembered that the Tooth Fairy was going to be making a visit that night, she was all good.

3 comments:

mandy said...

i about died when i saw this--- our babies are getting too big! (although i'll be glad to see kindin's extra tooth go)

hapi said...

Hi Sarah boo, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Tahmina said...

Hi Sarah!!! Nice Blog